FREE VMware TRAINING COURSES
For those that may be interested there is a new course on the mylearn portal called vCenter Operations Manager Fundamentals.
I went though this course over the last few weeks and it is pretty awesome… It takes you through the installation and configuration of vCOps and explains the major/minor badges, describes how to use all the tabs effectively and also walks you though setting up Smart Alerts and reporting.
So, if you get some spare time go and check it out. It's an eLearning course so you can come and go as you please picking up right where you left off, or simply skip to the areas that are of interest to you… And, it's free, so why not? Head on over the mylearn.vmware.com and login and get yourself enrolled…
Below is the course outline…
- Format: Self-Paced
- Length: 2.5 Hours
This e-learning course covers how to install and configure vCenter Operations Manager as well as how to use its many robust features.
|Objectives:||After completing the course, you should be able to:
• Diagram the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp Architecture.
• Describe the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp resource requirements and installation considerations.
• Discuss the pre-installation tasks you need to complete before you install the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp.
• Identify the tasks for installing the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp.
• List the initial configuration tasks.
• Recognize main function of the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 dashboard and the major and minor badges.
• Discuss how to interpret the results of the vCenter Operations Manager major and minor badges.
• Explain how to configure thresholds and notifications.
• Demonstrate how to use the Operations tab and the Planning tab.
• Identify the badges, views, and associated metrics.
• Discuss how smart alerts are configured and used.
• Demonstrate how to navigate the Alerts tab.
• Explain how to create and schedule reports on the Reports tab.
|Outline:||The course consists of five modules:
• Technical Overview of vCenter Operations Manager covers the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp architecture and resource requirements, the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 vApp installation considerations, and introduces you to the major and minor badges.
• Installing and Configuring vCenter Operations Manager discusses how to install and configure vCenter Operations Manager.
• Using the Dashboards and Badges explains the main function of the major and minor badges, how to interpret the badge results, and how to configure thresholds and notifications.
• Operations and Planning describes how to use the Operations tab and the Planning tab.
• Working with Smart Alerts and Reports covers how to configure and use smart alerts, how heat maps are used, and how to work with reports.
Additional Free Courses Offered:
- VMware vCenter Operations Manager Fundamentals [V5.X]
- VMware vSphere: Transition to ESXi Essentials [V4.1]
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Design [v5.X]
- VMware vCloud Director Fundamentals [V1.5]
- VMware View: Fundamentals [V5.0]
- VMware vShield Fundamentals [V5.X]
- Virtualizing Microsoft Exchange 2010 with VMware-Customer
- Virtualizing Microsoft SQL Server with VMware [V5.X] Customer
- Introducing the VMware Security Solution Fundamentals
- VMware Workstation: Fundamentals [V7.0]
- VMware vShield App Fundamentals [V5.X]
- VMware vShield Edge Fundamentals [V5.X]
- VMware vShield Data Security Fundamentals [V5.X]
- VMware vShield Endpoint Fundamentals [V5.X]
- Virtualizing Business-Critical Applications [V5.X] - Customer
- Virtualizing Oracle Database with VMware [V5.X] Customer
- Virtualizing Microsoft SharePoint with VMware [V5.X] - Customer
- Virtualizing SAP ERP Software with VMware [V5.X] - Customer
- VMware Fusion 3